Immunity Support




The further I dive into using my 11 oils I discovering new ways I can benefit from them. This one had me in amazement really, I will use this every time when seasons change or the weather goes out of whack which is does a lot living in Vermont. We deal a whole lot of sickness during the winter, fall and Spring. Long story short, my colds last about 2 weeks or more, and get pretty severe. I decided to try to use my diffuser to fight back and boost my immunity. I had my cold for a week and it was gone! I did one drop Peppermint, 1 drop lemon, 1 drop thieves, 1 drop r.c. and 1 purification. I diffused this mixture for 30 minutes 1-2 times a day. And rubbed 3 drops thieves and 2 drops lemon mixed with coconut oil on the bottom of my feet at night. There are many variations to find what ratios work personally for you but this worked for myself.  Below is some information on the oils I used! 

Peppermint Essential oil:
-Eases tension and supports healthy respiratory function.
-Antiviral 
-Expectorant

Purification essential oil Blend (Young Living):
-Neutralize and purifies the air.

Thieves essential Oil Blend (Young Living):
-Clove Oil which is a main ingredient in 'Thieves' helps the body's natural response to stress.
-Respiratory support 
-Antibacterial
-Antiviral 

Lemon:
-Antibacterial 
-Respiratory support
-High vitamin content 
-Helps boost the body’s immune system 
-Stimulates the production of white blood cells, thereby increasing your ability to fight off illness

R.C. essential oil Blend (Young Living):
-Three varieties of eucalyptus and is comforting when applied with a carrier oil to your chest or neck, like a homemade "vicks". Also diffused helps with respiratory support. 

If your body is battling and your fighting to help stay above the wellness line. It's important to note that essential oils, herbs and supplements are not medication or a substitute for getting enough rest, getting enough fluids or seeing your physician if your symptoms worsen. Although, if you're looking for natural ways to boost your body’s defenses during cold and flu season, it is well worth your time to investigate the impact essential oils can have on your health. 















*All information on Green Mountain Mama Blog is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products mentioned and/or information are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in consultation with their health care provider. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medication, please consult your physician.

Comments

Popular Posts