Benonite Mud Mask (DIY)



Ok, I've been slacking!! Really been meaning to post this for you. I signed up as a Young Living member for my birthday in March it was actually a gift from my MIL. My membership was the best birthday gift, ever just saying! Ever since I got it, I have been loving DIY projects so far experimenting with essential oils. I decided this year I would get personal and make a gift for my MIL for mothers day. And I even made too much I had a little baby jar size left for myself which I wasn't expecting but was an awesome treat! I must say this is the most luxurious thing I've have ever felt on my face as far as masks go! The texture too time whipping this by hand with a wooden spoon, but it's just perfect. If you saw me on my Facebook live video today, you'd see exactly what I was talking about. And the smell, OH MY GOSH.

Here is what I came up with of my own recipe and it's the ultimate spa treat!

Benonite mud mask

> Geranium, 10 Drops
> Frankincense, 5 Drops
> Copaiba, 4 Drops
> Raw or organic honey, 1/2 Cup or 8 Tablespoons
> Benonite Clay Powder, 1/2 Cup or 8 Tablespoons
> Spring Water, 1/2 Cup of water or a little more depending on your consistency when you start to mix.

Supplies: Mason jar or other air tight container, wooden spoon, glass mixing bowl. *Do not use metal because the benoite clay will try to pull anything in the metal into your product, you do not want that.

Directions: Mix honey and water together, add drops of oil. Then add the benonite clay, mix until smooth in the glass bowl with your wooden spoon. Transfer into air tight container, share with your mom or have a girls spa night!

Enjoy, put it on your face don't let it dry completely because clay sucks out moisture out of basically anything but benonite is a great way to remove impurities from your skin. The oils added just enhance this! This would be great for people with sensitivities or women who are aging like myself, this oils are a win for that aspect!









*All information on Green Mountain Mama Blog is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products mentioned and/or information are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in consultation with their health care provider. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medication, please consult your physician.

Comments

Popular Posts